Wednesday 20 March 2013



Day 2: Quench your thirst


What do you have to do to force yourself to pee? At 830am I went for the needed drug test for driver's license renewal, which was overdue of 5 months. Of course I needed fluids to pee, but the pee wasn't there. Slowly, I increasingly became annoyed as people came in the same lab, yet left 10-15 mins. later.
Eureka! Fifty minutes later, 1.5L of water, 350ml of Mountain Dew, walking back and forth, wet hands finally made me pee, filling the cup full! Yes!
The medical check-up was a breeze, only done with a bathroom scale and a broken blood pressure monitor (truly a joke since you want healthy drivers on the road).

LTO (Land Transportation Office) here we come! I got to admit that I finished the drug test and check-up at 945am. Hence, there were a lot of people waiting for their vehicle registration to be released. Finished at 11am, quite fast since the expected turnaround time is 2 hours (license done in 30 mins. if I was able to pee sooner). To top it all off, I rode a tricycle back, only for me to roam around for 20 mins. (traffic jam plus the driver had to pick up 2 passengers in-between).

Overall the day was interesting, as a mother and a grown-up son showed up at the pseudo medical lab.
They showed up and the clerk asked some questions, which the mother answered. Single or married? The mother said, ''aba married na yan!" Really? How will the clerk know, when the mother is doing all the talking all the way to LTO. Poor son, no balls!



No comments:

Post a Comment