Wednesday 27 November 2013

Dishonest and miserable Assi Airport Coupon Taxi


What do you do when someone breaks your trust?
This is what happened to my partner whom I transacted on her behalf for Assi Airport Coupon Taxi to pick her up. Now, I believe what my parents have always told me- "huwag mong palalakihin ang ulo ng Pilipino".

Last Oct 2013, my partner came home to celebrate my birthday. On the 20th she was set to return to Singapore. Hence, I booked her for pick up by Assi Airport Coupon Taxi. I have used their company for 2-3 years now and very happy with their service. Always, I make sure that I give their drivers 50-100 pesos tips. Mind you, I go abroad 2-3 times a year minimum. In fact I have recommended their company to several of my friends who need airport taxi service.

She was picked up at the airport and brought to the hotel by the same company without hassle. Paid 440 and gave 100 pesos. On her departure, I arranged for the same airport taxi to pick her up. This time by driver Eugene at Makati and dropped off at the airport. No problem, she paid 590 pesos and gave him 100 pesos. Since the drivers are based on percentage (10% + tips), like any other driver, he offered to give his mobile number for "next time".

November was the next time she came home to celebrate her birthday with me. And she booked with driver Eugene by text message.  On the 10th, he came to pick her up, and usually they are 30 mins - 1 hour early than scheduled. He arrived at 12pm.

She left the hotel at 12:20pm and was brought to the airport. It seems like this is a "modus operandi" by the airport drivers/handlers. Instead she was charged the following:

  • Pick up charge- Makati to Airport- 590 php (standard)
  • 20 mins. "waiting time"- 250 php
  • Tip- 160 php
  • Total- 1,000 php
My partner paid and left much to her shock. She called me to tell about it, and I called their office for an explanation on the same day. The driver explained to me that he's new and "doesn't know the procedure" akala niya raw may charge ang waiting time. Ayaw niya raw mag abono, gaya ng nangyari sa ibang drivers. He said he will return the money via LBC.

Since I knew how little they earn, I asked him to deposit the money to my account (it's BPI so its accessible).  After 2 days I called again, and "Reggie" apologized. Pissed, I told her that I don't care how they handle such things, basta ibalik niyo ang pera ko. It seems like because it happened between the driver and passenger is out of their business.

I mean, your driver represents your company,  and he already told one of your staff that he is at fault. Hence, how you will discipline him is not my concern. My concern is that you return the 250php
for his "gross dishonesty".

Texted him again after a few days and he said that he will return the money on the 16th. Gipit daw siya kaya niya ginamit. In the first place, you already admitted the error of over charging. Kung wala kang interest sa pera, you could just turn it over in your office.  Today is the 28th of Nov and nothing has been done by the management or him to amend the problem.

Sorry Assi Transport, but you have lost a dear customer. As I'm writing this, I sent a text to the driver, asking him for the money. Sent him another text to say that abuloy na namin sa iyo ang 250 pesos. Sira na ang tiwala namin sa Assi Transport. 

Moral lesson: Always book by the office and just give 50-100 php as tip dahil napakadaling lumaki ang ulo ng Pilipino. Trabahong matino na po, ginagago pa. Really it's not my fault he ended up being an airport taxi driver. Mahilig po ang Pilipino sa instant money. Lahat po sa buhay pinaghihirapan. 

Avoid like the Plague:
Assi Transport- 02- 879-5032
+63 919- 326 3169
driver Eugene- +63 916 6515937 (skin head, thin, average height)

No comments:

Post a Comment