Thursday 11 September 2014

Who's fault is it? The Millenial Problem

 
This is the final time I will be discussing this matter, and I do not wish to speak about this ever.

Where do I begin? Things happened in a bliss, and without due process, I was booted out (I left anyway) of my part-time lecturer stint in a green university. Why? Over some sissy complaints from students who found me:
  •  'too technical' in marking their writing activities,
  • for calling out Mr. Lazy and Ms. Minimal effort,
  • for tweeting their poor papers (no names),
  • etc.
What are you doing snooping around my Twitter?

The weird thing is there was no formal complaint, and the school officials decided to side with these students. Telling me, there is no formal complaint, but we find these as serious accusations. So we are not giving you teaching load for the upcoming term.

Accusations? Do they even know what that means? Anyone can be accused until proven. They have not opened any investigation nor interviewed people. It seems these school officials are scared of these students that they boot out educators, for not adhering to student requests?

For 2 days I was really angry, and before I left the department chairman's office. I told him:
Why are you allowing these students to control you? They cannot speak nor write English properly. In a year's time, they will graduate undeserving of the diploma- allergic of hard work, setting them up for a lifetime of disappointment and failure. It seems to me the school is more concerned increasing enrollment and not instilling the proper values the hard-earned money their parents pay for! 

How are they going to be competitive in the workplace? Can they even answer on interviews? Or they never will because of the mediocre grades on their transcripts? If they cannot follow rules, they shouldn't even be here! The head was speechless. Of course you have no balls!

I dunno why students are allowed to complaints for such small quirks. Only serious matters should be entertained: sexual nature, extortion, etc.

Poor souls who are spoiled and entitled! The very institution that has been entrusted to educate and discipline is now broken. The primary purpose is to take hard-earned money from parents who are blinded by the so-called 'prestige' it has? So sickening, thank heavens I didn't study there!

Is Dean Tehankee even aware of this?
Teacher evaluations are nothing but popularity contests!

Some good reads to think about:

http://www.ahaparenting.com/_blog/Parenting_Blog/post/Giving_your_child_the_gift_of_abundance--without_spoiling/

http://www.alternet.org/culture/millennials-generation-y

https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140908152152-193436078-the-career-myth-that-is-hurting-millennials

No comments:

Post a Comment